Re: Golgotha source release: crack.com closing down!

> > Public domain status cannot be revoked. The original authors could
>
> This is not true.  I site the Frauhauffer stuff as an example.

I beleive you are confusing this issue.  The issues with MP3 is _not_
copyright or code license... it is that the _procedure_ is patented.  The
code is just as free as it always was, but you cannot use it without out
paying because the procedures in the code are _patented_.  Unless
golgotha has patented procedures, the code is as free as can be.

---
Joshua W. H. Steiner - jsteiner@antioch-college.edu - http://joschi.base.org