Re: Idea

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Philipp Gühring wrote:

>Hi!
>
>What do you think about the following idea:
>Developing a game with QT/KDE and GGI. It uses QT for the widgets,
>... the menu, ... and a GGI Visual for the main window (Map of the
>game, ...) The GGI Visual is fast for blitting, ... and the QT Menu
>is configurable, ...
>Do you think that could work? A mixture of both systems?

At least a system with Qt and OpenGL (Mesa) for the actual graphics works
just fine. Don't know about OpenGL-acceleration in a window, but it is
very easy to set up. Never used GGI though...

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Ċbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream