Subject: Re: MySQL on SunSITE
Date: 31 Aug 1999 17:40:15 +0200
From: Esben Haabendal Soerensen <bart@sunsite.auc.dk>

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Tiseo <ptiseo@mediaone.net> writes:

Paul> At 10:11 AM 8/25/99 +0200, Esben Haabendal Soerensen wrote:
>> When connection from jacksonville.net you also should use
>> user=linuxgam and the password I have just given you (IwLG4mpc).

Paul> Any news on the MySQL front? I haven't heard from you about the
Paul> last email? Busy?

Yes.  No.  Yes.

I have talked with staun.  He was the guy appointed as MySQL
administrator here at SunSITE Denmark, but he is now backing out.  I
will take over for him as I am the only one who has been somewhat in
touch with it.

A lot of things can be said about the last couple of months, and after
Christian's mail I feel some of it need to be said :-)

We have both (staun and me) been very very busy relaxing and having holiday
since the end of june and staun has lost his appartment and has moved to
a place without a real internet connection (old flaky modem...).

In the future I will handle the MySQL and PHP stuff at SunSITE
Denmark, and you can expect very good responsiveness starting from
tomorrow.  I start working tomorrow and will be on-line 12+ hours each
day.

I have MySQL/PHP up and running at SunSITE.  I have personally just
started using it for some other purpose and have been using SunSITE
for developing and testing.  Getting linuxgames MySQL/PHP up and
running should be VERY close.

I hope you can forgive us for the bad service level we have provided
you up til now with MySQL/PHP, and if not we have no strings
attached.  You are free to move if you feel that is a solution.
Of-course we hope you will stay here :-)

Paul, I will send you another mail later tonight with details on what
to do to get MySQL/PHP running.

Till then,
 /bart
--