Re: memory management

Keith Lucas wrote:

> >Is there any example of code using their reference count techniques in
> >circular referencing structures (maybe your code?)? Examples of soft and
> >hard refcount implementation?
>
> Don't know. There is discussion of solving circular references, but I never
> paid it much attention because I never needed anything that complex.

Darn, I have one right into my face (the list of window in my prototype
library is a circular list in Z-order with the parent pointing at the
one on top)... This is one of the case where pure refcounting easily
comes apart, and believe me, it occurs more often than I'd like it to!
:-)

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/