Re: (OT) Re: OpenGL scenegraph

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

>Then think of it in this way: understanding a bit (not much, just a
>bit!) about the underlying transport protocol that Xlib uses to talk
>with the X server can lead you to use it better. Things like:

Then that is of course documented in the docs, right?

<good points snipped>

>It makes the difference between a 10 fps game and a 60 fps game. And if
>you can't *see* that difference, maybe you should do something else! ;-)

Ah, I can feel the flames coming! As I said, I don't code games and have
no idea about optimizations. I try to do tools that may help someone do a
good game. I now try to do a scene-graph for the fun of it, and to see if
I can master OpenGL good enough. I don't master the math, and I get
frustrated because of that. And don't come and say I haven't tried. I have
tried to find out what I need with paper and pen. Often I do, sometimes I
don't, and that's when I get frustrated.

Maybe I should do something else. Parts of the Linux gaming community
seems to be a bit harsh about newbies such as me, and easy on the
flamethrower-trigger. :-(

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream