Re: Centralized Linux announcements/news list?

Roger,

Myself and Zach Beane (of GIMP News fame) had talked about doing this
last summer.

The problem is, most people are not currently interested in having a
centralized location for news.

I ended up opening Three Point's Linux News Wire, converting my site from
a web-based news site, to a moderated mailing list news site.

The result has been positive - I've been able to get news out immediately,
via E-Mail, and the other sites can pick this information up and update
their own pages.

I would love to see Linux News centralized.  It's really just a matter of
figuring out who is going to be the carrier.

Dave