Re: [Patch] Newsgroups support

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 11:04:20PM +0100, tainaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added newsgroups support to mixminion, patch included.

Hi!  I'd like to apply a version of this, but it needs some tweaks.
Here are some initial comments.

First of all, there is no specification for news, and your patch
doesn't include one.  Major new functionality shouldn't go in without
a specification of what it sends and why.

Second, there are a lot of new calls here, but no new unit tests.  It
make me nervous to apply this much code without any tests for it.

> The client now supports "news:group1,group2,group3"; type
> destinations, the server now has "news" capability and forwards
> incoming newsgroup postings to a configurable mail2news gateway,
> e.g. mail2news@xxxxxxxxx -- a template for the configuration is
> included below the patch.
> Crosspostings to more than three groups are dropped. Additional
> headers are not yet allowed, but might be added quite easily.
>
> BTW: why are there two NEWS_TYPE definitions, 102 and 104?

The first is probably an error; see 3.2.1.1. of minion-spec.txt.

yrs,
--
Nick