Re: More thoughts on From: lines

Gah! I didn't this.

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Len Sassaman wrote:

> Okay, it looks like we need a list of allowed headers, and whether they
> are user, client, or exit-node configurable.

> ... in the first category, and

(the first category being "user-defined")

> ... in the second.

(oops. What I meant was, "exit-node defined")

> Do we canonicalize how References: and In-Reply-To: are done, and put them
> in the third category? Or do we just leave them up to the user, and have
> them in the first?

I was questioning here whether we should have a canonical format, and make
the client adhere to it, or allow the user to set this arbitarily. I think
the former is the right thing to do, and I like Peter's suggestions.

> Are there any others?
>
> All of these need to be explicitly stated in the spec.
>
> --Len.

--Len.