Re: Minion-design.pdf is submitted

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 15:01, Len Sassaman wrote:
> On Wed, 8 May 2002, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>
> > * We need to start an actual spec. I'm not a spec person anymore, so I
> > don't want to be the one leading that; but I'll read and give comments
> > and answer questions. Nick will help, but he's too busy these days for
> > me to just volunteer him. Anybody want to pick this up and run with it?

Actually, I'm currently writing a draft spec for Wouter and George and
everybody else to hack on.  I'll aim to check it in tonight or
tomorrow.  It should be fairly uncontentious; I'll try not to include
anything we haven't already discussed.

This won't be anything near the final draft, I hope.  We still have a
lot to discuss, a bunch of problems to solve, and a bunch of peer review
to solicit.  The point of the spec is to give would-be reviews a target.
:)

  [...]
> Are we gearing this toward being an IETF draft?

In the long term, sure.  Right now, we're just trying to get a
well-defined, secure protocol.  We're still far away, on both counts.

Yours,

--
Nick