Re: exception in 0.0.7 generate-surb

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 01:38:30PM -0700, Brian Warner wrote:
> Howdy all.. I got the following exception when doing some Petmail[1] SURB
> work recently. It happens when a particular relay is at the front of the SURB
> path.

You've stumbled on a rare bug that's fixed in CVS.  Congratulations!

The bug is this: before mixminion 0.0.6, servers used IPs to route
packets.  Since 0.0.6, they have used Hostnames.  Thus, the listed IPs
are only used when relaying mail FROM a server running something
earlier than 0.0.6.

Right now, peertech is the only such server; it's running 0.0.6alpha1.
The other holdouts have upgraded in the last few weeks.

I'm going to release an 0.0.7.1 in the next few days, that will know
not to use 0.0.6alpha1 to deliver to servers without IPs.  Also, I'm
marking peertech as not-recommended in the directory until it
upgrades.

Coderman: I tried to contact you via the email listed as your
contact in your server descriptor, but your mail bounced.  Please let
me know when you've upgraded.  (If anybody knows his real email,
please forward this to him.)

Yours,
--
Nick Mathewson