Re: nightfall 1.61

Rainer Wichmann wrote:
> .. has been released, and can be fetched from:
> http://www.hs.uni-hamburg.de/DE/Ins/Per/Wichmann/Nightfall.html
>
> This release fixes a few remaining bugs with the star-disk eclipse verification.

Hi,

I'm using nightfall 1.61 on an intel mac os 10.4 machine and am seeing
some very weird stuff. If I start nightfall, load the attached cfg file
and compute/animate, I get a completely wacky light curve that has a
bunch of noise in one of the minima, and the large star has a disk
around it in the starview. There should be no disk, it's not on in the
gui and the cfg looks like there should be no disk either. There was no
disk when I saved the cfg. (I noticed when playing around that it seems
like the disk turns itself on some times and can not be turned off from
within the gui, restarting is the only way.) Is this a known problem or
something specific to me.

regards,

/Patrik J.

#####################################
#
# Nightfall configuration file
#
#####################################
#PrimaryLogG          CONST  4.000000

#SecondaryLogG        CONST  4.000000

Name                 (void)

MassRatio            CONST  3.500000

Inclination          CONST  90.000000

PrimaryRocheFill     CONST  0.090000

SecondaryRocheFill   CONST  0.550000

PrimaryTemperature   CONST  11000.000000

SecondaryTemperature CONST  3700.000000

#InnerDiskRadius      CONST  0.200000

#OuterDiskRadius      CONST  0.800000

#DiskTilt             CONST  0.000000

#DiskWarp             CONST  0.000000

#DiskThickness        CONST  0.010000

#DiskHoverR           CONST  0.000000

#DiskTemperature      CONST  8000.000000

#HotSpotTemperature      CONST  8000.000000

#HotSpotLongitude      CONST  0.000000

#HotSpotExtent      CONST  0.000000

#HotSpotDepth      CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_U         CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_B         CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_V         CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_R         CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_I         CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_J         CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_H         CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_K         CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_Str_u     CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_Str_v     CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_Str_b     CONST  0.000000

ThirdLight_Str_y     CONST  0.000000

#EllipticOrbitEccentricity        CONST  0.000000

#EllipticOrbitPeriastronLength    CONST  90.000000

#PrimaryFRatio        CONST  1.000000

#SecondaryFRatio      CONST  1.000000

AbsoluteMass         CONST  2.000000

AbsoluteDistance     CONST  214.372192