Re: [tor-dev] GSoC Intro: Stegotorus

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 03:02:12PM +0200, Philipp Winter wrote:
>> Is there any technical documentation or paper regarding Stegotorus available? I
>> failed to find something on the Internet.
>
> There is a paper, but it's stuck in "under submission" limbo. I think
> the paper is going to want some revisions before it settles down.
>
> We're working on getting the source tree up, and then I'll try to
> encourage them to make a tech report version.

For the moment, the source tree is visible on Github:
<https://github.com/zackw/stegotorus>.  It is likely to move to
gitweb.torproject.org hosting in the near future.

I am happy to send drafts of the paper to anyone who is curious, but I
can't just send it to the list, because until it's accepted for
publication somewhere, we don't want the PDF where it'll get indexed
by search engines.  I am also working on opening up the version
control for the TeX sources -- that's a technical problem rather than
a bureaucratic one: someone (read "me") has gotta convert it out of
SVN.

On a related note, any cryptographers reading this message are invited
to review the code at <https://github.com/zackw/moeller-ref> -- this
is not currently used by StegoTorus but will be in the very near
future, and it's the first-ever implementation of a specialized
asymmetric cryptosystem, so it needs more eyes.

zw