Re: (FWD) Results of stress testing the current version of the Onion Router

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 12:56:19PM -0400, Bruce Montrose wrote:
> I had to kill off both the httpap and the OR on the first machine and then
> restart them both before it would start working again.

Gosh.
Confirmed that it's a bug in the OR. It happens when we get to maxconn
connections; something goes haywire and it stops listening at the sockets.
I'll track it down.

> However, I suspect that the output buffers may not have been flushed on the
> processes that hung. Does anyone know how to make a process not buffer its
> output so that it gets written immediately?

What kind of process are we talking about here? The onion routers
explicitly buffer onto a string, and only attempt to flush the buffer
periodically.

--Roger