Re: EntryNode / ExitNode Howto

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 12:07:19PM -0700, Ron Davis wrote:
> Someone posted this EntryNode / ExitNode Howto to
> alt.privacy.anon-server :
>
> http://news-reader.org/article.php?group=alt.privacy.anon-server&post_nr=298337
>
> Apparently, his main objective was to avoid "Echelon countries".

I should point out that the advice of this poster is potentially very
dangerous. I'm not going to comment on which are "echelon countries",
but notice that the ones he lists have significant control over the
world's major telcos and Internet backbones.

Notice that his traceroute indicates he's in the United States.

http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#feamster:wpes2004
summary at http://freehaven.net/~arma/slides-wpes04/

Depending on his destinations, and his adversaries, he may be sunk
regardless of which Tor nodes he chooses.

It's a tricky world out there,
--Roger