Re: [tor-talk] Google disable web-access to gmail for Tor-users?

On 4/7/2011 1:54 PM, grarpamp wrote:

The shortest answer is that strong pseudonyms are useful, even (or
especially) in a well connected social environment. Many people want
to have those links. Many want use some of the services google offers:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/options/
Many want to participate in the scene... just not as themselves.

Point taken. If I understand, the reason many want to use Tor w/ Gmail isn't for email - other services / options? Because if they are using it for email, it's not private on Gmail (or a lot of others) - other than your IP address, if can successfully login w/ Tor.

I get "trying to beat the system" - as I often do, but I try to take the path of least resistance. Aren't most / all of the options, or even better ones (except ones dealing w/ gmail) available directly, instead of going thru Gmail? Is it just a matter of convenience of having many options / links in ONE place? Maybe some of those sites won't allow Tor either? I'm trying to see what I'm missing that can't be found anywhere except through google.

If I wanted to blog  *anonymously *, I wouldn't do it on Google.

Maybe there are SOME just not available anywhere except Google / Gmail??? If I wanted to use google search, I'd use Scroogle SSL.
If wanted to look at youtube, I'd go to youtube.

If I suddenly lost most brain function & wanted to "organize my medical records online," google is the last place on God's green Earth I'd choose - via Tor or not.