Re: [tor-talk] Correct way to upgrade Tor in Linux

On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 15:46 +0000, Nunostc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Linux user for almost 10 years. I am Debian user, and I am use to
> update software the Debian way using apt/aptitude (confortable with
> yum too for other distros). However for Tor Browser Boundle I don't know
> what would be the best way to upgrade.
>
> As a newbie with Tor, what I am doing is deleting the previous
> installation and installing it again. However, what should I do if
> would like to backup the bookmarks and not loose them between
> upgrades?

If you choose 'Show all bookmarks' from the 'Bookmarks' menu, you get a
dialog window with an 'Import and backup' menu that you can use to
export the bookmarks to a JSON file and then import them again in the
new browser.

I am not aware of any upgrade method other than simply replacing the
browser directory as you are doing.

--ll