Re: [tor-talk] Clarification of Tor's involvement with DARPA's Memex

On 4/24/15, Andreas Krey <a.krey@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 11:31:18 +0000, benjamin barber wrote:
>> ... , and actively
>> steering people away from tor, if they are looking for real anonymity or
>> security.
>
> Where do you steer them *to*?

At this point in time, there's no I2PBrowser for example, so TOR is
the only ready option for members of the Crackatinny tribe (from
outbak ya c).

For those with a little willingness to learn, I2P and GNUnet are
IMSEHO (in my so extremely high opinion) worthy of investigation.
GNUnet even has an apt-get installable gui - but I do not yet
understand it's design (haven't gone reading), so cannot speak at all
to it's potential, let alone it's usefulness today.

I2P appears to have a design with some benefits over TOR, although
TOR's current size has (I think) some real benefits too.

Nothing is yet ideal. More love is needed everywhere.

Ideally, start building physical (wireless would be most practical)
'run and control your own personal node and talk to others
individually' independent network, and run I2P or etc on top of that;
see:
https://projectmeshnet.org/

Happy creating :)
Zenaan