Configured hibernation does not work after restart in an interval?

Hello,

i use Tor 0.1.1.22 as a server.
The limit for traffic which i defined with option AccountingMax was
exceeded for both directions in the given interval.

In the logfile i see the following notice:
---snip---
Jul 31 18:54:24.076 [notice] accounting_set_wakeup_time(): Configured
hibernation.  This interval begins at 2006-07-01 00:00:00 and ends at
2006-08-01 00:00:00.  We have no prior estimate for bandwidth, so we
will start out awake and hibernate when we exhaust our quota.
---snap---

I'm not sure if i understand this message.
Does it mean that Tor can't realize how much traffic occured before its
restart although the restart happens in the interval?

Thx,
Joerg