[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: 1 Mb d/l on startup.. can this be avoided?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: 1 Mb d/l on startup.. can this be avoided?
- From: "Anil verve" <anil.verve@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 22:14:15 +0530
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 12:44:42 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=NIZYHZiUgTXAhjTRi/4o7P97sLKaArTue1za+RuDET/ETRpLQy0cXL3v4/bxH4fNDCHG4tT2m27bYgDSJSAMMtHbr1sBctct7rBMbtygPbaAjgwiXfwoo33Q8rdiuSRhZgLX3+5HID8az9pPGcyvNrQWqpWuUCWdoxQQSEns66g=
- In-reply-to: <20060805145134.GI16341@moria.seul.org>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060805145134.GI16341@moria.seul.org>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Would like to help if possible. Am a student and could take up a project in my free time during the next semester.
Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 09:53:53AM +0530, Anil verve wrote:
> Upon startup Tor downloads around 1 mb of stuff.. which I suspect is the
> network/circuit information. My ISP limit per day is around 12 Mb traffic
> up/down a day and I normally boot up my box 3-4 times a day. Ans i get this
> 1 mb overhead everytime.
> What is contained in this 1 Mb of traffic?
> Is there anyway to stop/reduce this startup traffic?
> Can i not reuse what was downloaded only a few hours back?
You're right -- Tor doesn't work well currently for people on modems and
people with extreme bandwidth constraints. That's on our todo list too,
and we hope to get to it within the next year -- feel free to help. :)