Re: Skype Call Traced

Thus spake phobos@xxxxxxxxxx (phobos@xxxxxxxxxx):

> On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 03:48:54PM -0400, jay@xxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.3K bytes in 12 lines about:
> : I believe Skype is UDP-based, and Tor can only work with TCP
> : connections. There are probably other issues as well.
>
> 	Skype works fine over Tor.  Depending upon your circuit, voice
> 	calls can be very laggy.

Hrmm.. According to:
http://www.secdev.org/conf/skype_BHEU06.handout.pdf

Skype does TCP if UDP attempts fail. However it appears to encode your
IP address in messages. Sort of defeats the purpose of Torifying it.
Probably the case with a lot of voice clients, unless you can find a
way to get them to not discover your IP...

I also find it unpossible that actual watermarking was used against
this fellow as opposed to simple IP tracking.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist