Re: Tor TransPort on OpenBSD?

Hi Christopher Davis,

What it is exactly "trunk" vs "0.2.0.30"?
I'm a bit confused about all this jargon and cvs repositories.

What should I do now?

I built my tor port for tor-0.2.1.1-alpha (seems successfully) but now I am on 4.4 -current (+-) (1-2 weeks ago) and last tor source is stable 0.2.0.30 and unstable 0.2.1.4-alpha:

Which one do you recommend?... I want latest TransPort and tor features and I'm on an experimental box, so I don't care too much about bugs if they are not a privacy/security issue, that is the main tor implementation goal.

I think I would like to go by now to stable 0.2.0.30 if TransPorts works as you tell, unless the alpha offers stunning new improvements... Do you know?

I would like to build a new personal port for my i386 box using this last sources.
Could you briefly tell me how?

Latest port at openports.se mirror from Rui Reis is for tor-0.1.2.19, now "obsolete" (OpenBSD is always "obsolete" in many latest top-trend software, I am quite tired about this (I hope they get some $millions soon to improve its paid staff) ... (this is why I am starting to learn how to build my own ports for key software).

I patched my port by hand, using as sample the openports.se latest port from then, by I would like to know how to patch from (your) diff file-s using the KDE kompare (I am on KDE graphical environment, I am building an OpenBSD graphical system, you know, to attract MS and youngsters, ex MS-user from decades ago ...) or the proper OpenBSD experts console tool which I don't (yet) know which one is.

Thanks for your efforts for porting latest tor, there are about half a million privacy/conscious tor users worldwide, and many ones from oppressed countries as fascist China and the like (beware!, privacy human rights are also threatened in the states), where free-speech is forbidden and people get 10 years jail just to check amnesty.org, hrw.org, or tibetan-exiled gov pages! For them a secure OpenBSD + tor bundle (which I am trying to build) is a breeze of hope in their future.

Mac.