Re: Tor TransPort on OpenBSD?

Yes, the /dev/pf access is probably the problem as I catch once a warning in tor logs about that. Sorry, this is a newbie question, what and how have I to give tor permissions to access my /dev/pf ? My tor runs as _tor and group _tor, and /dev/pf is currently only rw by root, and forbidden to others and to wheel. ( -rw------- )
Should I replace here wheel for _tor and give read access to it?
Or read+write access?
This is easy to do in graphical mode with konqueror called by su (I am on an KDE environment).

Or in konsole:
#chgrp something /dev/pf?
#chmod something /dev/pf?

Is this safe?

Are you successful using make and pkg_add FreeBSD equivalent to update or build ports via tor using this TransPort feature, even when fetching ftp files?

Thanks!
Mac

Fabian Keil wrote:
macintoshzoom <macintoshzoom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does someone of you had success enabling the tor TransPort feature on
OpenBSD?

I have it enabled on FreeBSD, the code for OpenBSD
used to be mostly the same.

It seems there are some bugs:
"transport warn open /dev/pf failed -- Permission denied"
bugs.torproject.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&id=782

That didn't prevent you from using it, though.
Just make sure Tor has the required permissions
to access /dev/pf to lookup destination addresses.

Fabian