Re: torcheck failing in reality

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 13:51, <tor-ml@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:29:18 +0000 Praedor Atrebates
<praedor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>"Congratulations" because I'm using tor and then it shows the
>IP...but it is exactly MY IP. ÂIt isn't covered at all by tor. ÂSo
>why would this page declare that I'm using tor and then provide me
>with my actual IP address as evidence?

I guess check.torproject.org (btw: you should allways use the https
version of it) just compairs your source IP with the list of exit-
nodes (what else should it be doing?).

Might this be an instance where good, always working exit enclaving might be of significance?

If you have a tor-check service on an exit enclave, only visits from localhost are "Tor-routed" (excluding the trivial case). Others from Tor nodes are "Tor-routed if this is not your IP address", while visits from the public at large remain "Not Tor-routed".Â
--
Marcus Griep
ââ