Re: [tor-talk] TBB browser without Tor/Vidalia

I mean no offense, but must say, that Bry8 Star is confused. Use
anything he says with great care. I don't think he acts in bad faith,
but is really confused.

Examples of him telling what others ought to do:
- "All Tor binary software signing GPG (full and public-side) code must
be published/shared via DNS." [1]
- "[..] And so, there MUST be some form of DNS-caching present in
libunbound/Tor-client side [...]" [1]

He manages to get responses such as "Since this is a free software
(rather than insist software or beg software)" [2].

Bry8 Star:
> Obtain last stable release of "Firefox Portable" from the
> portableapps.com site, and install inside "C:\PortableApps\" folder.

No, don't do this. It's not safe. Using Firefox with Tor is deprecated
and recommended against. Use Tor Browser, because Tor Browser contains
patches. (Link to patches: [3])

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-August/005266.html
[2] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-09/msg00363.html
[3]