Re: Best Hardware for TOR server..

I've been running a server (phrenograph) on a Comcast connection in the Washington, DC, area for a few months now, and I haven't heard anything from Comcast about it.

I guess I should have been more clear .. I ran the tor node on an academic network, and we have our own ASN, so there's no "provider" to complain to (but that didn't stop them from trying .. one idiot used our public email/phone directory to email the president of our .edu). I'm also the ORG-ABUSE contact on our ARIN record, and I'm the one that reads security@ and abuse@.

I did, however, annoy Comcast in Indiana by using honeyd to "answer" every one of their stupid FTP/HTTP probes that they were sending out back in the day to see if you were running servers. Again, YMMV .. but their TOS is pretty clear on the issue :

http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber.jsp

*Prohibited Uses of HSI.* You agree not to use HSI for operation as an Internet service provider, a server site for ftp, telnet, rlogin, e-mail hosting, "Web hosting" or other similar applications

Cheers,

~Mike.