Tsocks and DNS

I have a question regarding tsocks. According to http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorifyHOWTO#DNSNote, tsocks leaks DNS requests and it suggests I either use tor-resolve or apply the patch at http://www.totalinfosecurity.com/patches/tor.php?. Does the tsocks version in the Ubuntu repositories still have this problem (for instance, when I do an apt-get install tor it automatically installs torify and tsocks)? Would you suggest using the patch?
Thanks
Comrade Ringo Kamens