TOR and non-contineous internet connections

Hi folks,
I like the TOR project and want to participate. My question: Is it a
good idea to set up a server, which is not connected to the internet
contineously? -- i.e. I turn on my computer, when I come home from
work and turn it off at bedtime, so it runs several hours a day - is
this "enough"? Each time the server goes down, the session for the
user gets interrupted, right? So, where is the line to draw?

cheers, Florian