Re: My vds was blocked

On Dec 29, 2010, at 5:12 AM, Orionjur Tor-admin wrote:

Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Orionjur Tor-admin
<tor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had set up a tor exit-node on my vds. It worked about 5 month but now
I have received a messages about blocking my vds on the grounds of
receiving an abuse report (attached).
My vds-provider is one from the list of "good" providers from the list
published on the tor blogs.
What do you, people, can reccomend me to do?!

There are plenty of excellent suggestions (and template responses) here:

I suggest you read
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq-abuse.html.en#TypicalAbuses

What do you think about the next exit-policies:
<snip>

Most people are having success with the policy laid out here:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment

Personally I'd be on the paranoid side and block the port that generated the complaint until I got the matter resolved with my ISP, but that's just me (our small provider has a nasty and temperamental network admin).

~Justin Aplin