Re: Tor & Email?

Interesting.  I have a fully anonymous email from gmail (about 1 yr old) that I created via tor and it required no call, no text message, nothing, just a captcha.  I have had several other accounts created at gmail previous to this, also created via tor, and have not had any issue or privacy/anonymity-violating issues.

Have they changed something very recently?

praedor

On Wednesday, December 29, 2010 08:38:46 am you wrote:
> andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 03:42:00AM -0500, grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.9K bytes in 15 lines about:
> > : Keep in mind that google does not allow new accounts to be
> > : created via Tor. Unless you are willing to give up your phone
> >
> > This is false.  I just created a gmail account via tor without needing a
> > phone number or any other information.
> >
> > Frequently, google's
> > anti-ddos/spam/too-many-creations-from-a-single-ip-address detector
> > is tripped for tor exit nodes and requires other information.
> >
> > We've generally suggested gmail because their bulk account creation
> > process was good.  It seems this is not the case any more.
> >

> I heard that many times from differen people but I cannot creat any
> gmail account without asking sms-verification about 2 or 3 years... And
> tried do it many times

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.
â James Madison