Re: BDS VPNs hosting

2010-12-31 13:55, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx skrev:
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:41:26AM +0100, jespasac@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 1.4K bytes in 31 lines about:
: Anyway my host provider (www.rootbsd.net) seems unhappy hosting a

If their terms of service forbids anonymous proxies or any proxies, then
they have the legal right to enforce their contract.  Perhaps you've
found this already, https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq-abuse.html.en
and
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment

Hi Andrew,

I know the links, thanks anyway. They're so useful.

In fact it seems they (www.rootbsd.net) don't allow "open proxies", not anonymous proxies: http://www.rootbsd.net/faq/#section0_4

####
Do you allow IRC, torrents?

We do not allow IRC servers, bittorrent, open proxies, or any other software that can degrade our network performance or allow for abuse.
####

But after explaining to them that:

* it's not an OPEN proxy because I only permit port 80 and 443 (http and https) and no more

* I've limited the bandwidth (using BandwidthRate and AccountingMax directives) to assure the impossible degradation of the network performance

... they allow me to run Tor proxy. So, good for me and Tor network! For the moment I will stay will them.

--
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.