Re: [tor-talk] New arm version doesn't show connections

Damian Johnson <atagar1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 14.12.2011:
> Hi Stephan. This is the first that I've heard of connection panel
> issues related to upgrading. Here's some things to check...
> - When connection resolution fails several times arm falls back to
> another connection resolver, logging a notice as it does so. Do you
> have any connection related log messages?
> - I don't recall if this is the case with Debian or not, but many
> platforms require that you have the same permissions as the tor
> process to see its connections. In this case you'd do that by running
> 'sudo -u debian-tor arm'.
> - If all else fails you can try running 'python
> /usr/share/arm/test.py', which lets you run through connection
> resolvers to see which should be working or not.
>
> Cheers! -Damian

Hi Damian,

I am experiencing the same issue after upgrade to 0.2.3.9.

The arm log show

22:16:57 [ARM_NOTICE] We were unable to use any of your system's resolvers to
get tor's connections. This is fine, but means that the connections page will
be empty. This is usually permissions related so if you would like to fix this
then run arm with the same user as tor (ie, "sudo -u <tor user> arm").
22:16:42 [ARM_NOTICE] Unable to query connections with lsof, trying ss
22:16:27 [ARM_NOTICE] Unable to query connections with sockstat, trying lsof
22:16:12 [ARM_NOTICE] Unable to query connections with netstat, trying
sockstat
22:15:47 [ARM_NOTICE] Unable to query connections with proc, trying netstat

Regards,

Klaus