Re: [tor-talk] Atlas and Compass or "x" displaying a world map?

On 15.12.2012 20:04, Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> wrote:
> as I first saw the project name Atlas I assumed to be able to look at a
> world map that shows me the current relays running.
>
> Would something like that be possible?

When I read this, I first wanted to reply "hey yes, I've built something
like it". But you seem to know the script already, so I guess this is
more a feature request to integrate that into Atlas? I would like to see
that, too.

BTW, George took my script, modified it a bit [1] and let it generate an
hourly updated "interactive" world map. Sadly he used Google Maps
instead of OpenStreetMap.

The parser I wrote is a bad hack, nowadays it would be better to just
use Onionoo's JSON (and it wouldn't require a running Tor).

[1] https://www.void.gr/kargig/blog/2012/11/27/world-city-map-of-tor-nodes/
[2] https://tormap.void.gr/

--
Moritz Bartl