Re: [tor-talk] Firefox vs. Tor Browser Bundle release cycles

BM-2D9WhbG2VeKsLCsGBTPLGwDLQyPizSqS85@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> Perhaps my experience was unique or users are to blame for their own
> laziness in staying up-to-date, but I hope we can agree that making it
> easier for TBB users to run the latest available Firefox code 95 or 99% of
> the time could still be significantly safer than the status quo, where
> unless you build TBB yourself, running the latest Firefox code in TBB is
> only possible about 90% of the time.

You are preaching to the choir. Do you sincerely believe Tor folks are
happy when they know their users at risks?

What's going to make the situation better has already been identified
for a good while:

 * reduce the amount of patches that needs to be carried to build TBB,
 * write a lot of automated tests,
 * get an integrated and seamless update system in TBB.

Mike Perry and Georg Koppen have been working one the first for a good
while now. Nicolas Vigier is going to dedicate his time to the second.
The later has already made good progress thanks to Pearl Crescent,
see #4234.

These improvements need time and resources. You were asking what users
can do to help. If they can't contribute with programming skills and
time, I think the best contribution they can make is monetary:
https://www.torproject.org/donate/

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>