Re: [tor-talk] Harvard student used Tor to send bomb threats, gets caught by old-fashioned policework

This is going seriously OT, so I'll cease after this post.

Using Tor to make bomb threats is clearly off-topic for tor-talk.

Was anyone that's commented defending the guy for making bomb threats?
Was the focus on making bomb threats, or was it on how (seemingly) easily they narrowed it down to a few individuals?

I didn't get the sense that the discussion was about making bomb threats.

Besides, what's legal in one country may be very illegal in another.
So when one says, "Using Tor (or any thing) for illegal porpoises," which country are we talking about?
"Legitimate use" is relative.

Point I got was, IF... you are using Tor in a freedom / no freedom or life & death situation, there may be several ways to get caught, "nearly caught," "hauled in & questioned for hours," "put on a watch list," etc.

If "bad people" using Tor can be tracked down (or narrowed to a few individuals), what about "good people?"  Which is which, is often relative.