[tor-talk] TBB 3.5 and Debian Repo

Hello,

I asked the help desk about this first but I am afraid it has only added
to my confusion. I would like to use the Tor broswer along with the tor
and tor-arm packages from the Debian repo.  In the past it has been
possible to do so by disabling the tor-launcher in the start-tor-broswer
script, but this no longer works.  In addition, according to the help
desk "without tor-launcher you probably now have a unique set of browser
add-ons among all Tor users."  Can someone please explain to me what the
base tor package has to do with Firefox add-ons and how this would be
different between debian and the bundle?  I was under the impression
that the broswer handled these concerns, hence the whole point of using
a special browser for Tor?  Also, isn't it hypocritical to suggest users
run a tor relay from the debian package while using the TBB for browsing
alongside as well?  I seem to recall the project frowning upon Tor over
Tor situations in the past, but perhaps this has changed.  Sorry for all
of the questions, thank you and happy holidays.