Re: [tor-talk] URL Addressing

Since you have gotten three independent answers, I am sure you are as
welcome as anyone to post to this public list.

I can see how all answers are more or less technical, but they all
reiterate that you cannot use Tor to access private addresses.

"These addresses are characterized as private because they are not globally
delegated, meaning that they are not allocated to any specific
organization, and IP packets addressed with them cannot be transmitted
through the public Internet." -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

Meaning you can't access private addresses via the public internet, nor Tor.

It works for you in an ordinary browser because your computer is on the
same local network as the weather station, e.g. on the inside of your
router/internet connection.

You can therefore safely access the weather station with a normal browser,
I will not recommend you changing proxy settings in Tor-browser unless you
are 100% sure what you are doing.