Re: [tor-talk] Possible upcoming attempts to disable the Tor network

- From what the post says, I am reading it simply as a forewarning that
something might happen to the dirauths, not as a guarantee in any way.
On that assumption, I'd have to say there isn't a lot of information
and that just because it goes past a certain date that we should all
drop our guard. Always remaining vigilant is the way we should be anyway.

Also the threat of Russian involvement sounds minimal. Given the
placement of the dirauths, without international co-operation (which
seems unlikely given the current political climate) I doubt they could
do much to the Tor network other than censor their own people.

- -T

RussiaTor@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
>> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 06:34:23PM -0000, RussiaTor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> wrote:
>>> Is it Russia? They put up a $110,000 bounty to take down Tor
>>> only about 5 months ago:
>>
>> No, it's (probably) not Russia.
>>
>> Also, as I understand it, the Russian word in this situation was
>> more like asking researchers to propose for research grants. The
>> translation 'bounty' or 'contest' was a bad translation and
>> caused a string of misleading articles. It is like saying that
>> the National Science Foundation is holding a contest for Tor
>> research.
>>
>> Please correct me if I am misunderstanding the translation.
>>
>> --Roger
>>

> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> So, if this attack doesn't happen by say this coming Friday, are
> you assuming it won't happen in the future?
>
> Thanks for putting this out there

- --
Activist, anarchist and a bit of a dreamer.

Current Fingerprint: E771 BE69 4696 F742 DB94 AA8C 5C2A 8C5A 0CCA 4983
Key-ID: 0CCA4983
Master Fingerprint: DDEF AB9B 1962 5D09 4264 2558 1F23 39B7 EF10 09F0
Key-ID: EF1009F0

Twitter: @CthulhuSec
XMPP: thecthulhu at jabber.ccc.de
XMPP-OTR: 4321B19F A9A3462C FE64BAC7 294C8A7E A53CC966