RE: Tor service monitoring util available?

Right you are, they CAN be done. But, having done such a thing
before myself, it surprises they are not part of the TOR package.
Splicing, bit by bit, the different routines/scripts/etc can be
a pain for such things as tunneling software. Tor is a net of
its own, the nodes are just routers. The problem is the monitoring
tools we have behave at a different layer. Like trying to track
web stats with a packet counter. I believe that this should be part
of the Tor effort. I shudder when I say things like this on an
open-source-related forum, I see someone saying "so,... write them
yourself!" Sorry, no skill, no time; mind rusting on all edges.
Just experience talking.

So, is there such a thing??? Hey, TOR folk! You must have some
gamma, beta, utils out there to see how your brainchild is doing.
Something better than a birds eye, macro, view. If nothing else,
for curiosity's sake.