[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Socks/TOR setup question
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Socks/TOR setup question
- From: Force44 <force44@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 20:27:33 +0300
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 12:27:59 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=N1-0105; d=safe-mail.net; b=MaQL5BSf3NXSqIFn3FNrJwJeMZRVQLQiRowwSyHmh2sQQtwCvU/EVrTFyHw05kuK BtpxqME4II1g4yWpjY2kdiip7vxj10Cc2x5rEPGwdfkKmd7QXIsbKsg1XdX0Smgs xPNK3GMVBv5ekdPPAt15NL+T9GeEp8braFp+DO9x4Ig=;
- In-reply-to: <N1-TPZaDuMJJB@Safe-mail.net>
- References: <N1-TPZaDuMJJB@Safe-mail.net>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry to come back again with this question, but I would appreciate an
help to fix this problem..
My question below; I add that I am using SockCap to socksify some
programs. SocksCap is setup with 127.0.0.1:9050 (Socks4 OR Socks5, it
doesn't change anything), and the log messages come when I use a
If there is a way to use the socks server of TOR without SocksCap for
software that haven't any "proxy option", I don't know them...
Thank you again.
> I use Tor, TorCP and Privoxy:
> Privoxy listens on 8118
> TOR requests are sent for http and https to 127.0.0.0 on 8118,
> and to 127.0.0.1 on 9050 for the socks requests.
> That works fine, but I am always receiving such message in the Log file:
> "[Warn] Your application (using socks4 on port 49370) is giving Tor
> only an IP address. Applications that do DNS resolves
> themselves may leak information. Consider using Socks4A (e.g. via privoxy or socat) instead."
> This message is created when any application uses the TOR server,
> no matter if I parameter it as a socks4 or socks5.
> As I am already using Privoxy, what must I change in my config so
> that this message isn't generated? Moreover, must I setup my
> applications to use TOR as a socks4 or a socks5 server>
> Thank you!