FreeBSD with xinetd

I'm running a TOR server (nick=csutor) on FreeBSD, using xinetd to forward the connections from 80/443 to higher ports so tor dosen't run as root.

I'm trying to maximize the efficiency of this .. I started with the default of 25 processes under xinetd, but these quickly filled. I then tried 250, which also filled. Now, I'm using 500 processes for xinetd -- and it seems to hover around 300 or so.

Despite what everyone says about TOR being cpu/memory intense, I'm using far more memory keeping all those xinetd connections open. Does anyone know a better way to do this on FreeBSD?

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University