Re[3]: Torpark v1.5 Released

Hi again,

--- Arrakistor <arrakistor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Anothony,
>
> Wednesday, February 22, 2006, 12:12:51 PM, you
> wrote:
>
>...I used a firefox extension (I edited it to allow
it > to be used in Torpark, since it doesn't work with
new
> versions of firefox). Yes, regular firefox can have
> this, but you just have to edit the extension.
>
> ST

I found the extension I think your using called "My IP
Tools"; is this correct?

How did you edit this extension to allow use with FF
v.1.5.0.1?

I would really like to use this extension, as it is
very simple yet very usefull.

----------------------------------

BTW, I found another nice extension called "ShowIP" (
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=590
).

ShowIP is nice because you have whois, traceroute, etc
functionality with a right click and it's all routed
through Tor.  ShowIP uses (among others)
http://www.dnsstuff.com/ for it's whois, traceroute,
etc functions.

ShowIP Quote:
"Show the IP address of the current page in the status
bar. It also allows querying custom services by IP
(right mouse button) and Hostname (left mouse button),
like whois, netcraft. Additionally you can copy the IP
address to the clipboard. This extension was formerly
known as ipv6ident."

---------------------------------

I also found "Live IP Address" (
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Popular&numpg=10&id=1731
).  Live IP Address works in a very similar manner to
"My IP Tools".  Live IP Address has a bit more
functionality and it puts the Exit Node IP in the
status bar.  Live IP Address works nicley with ShowIP
as Live IP Address status bar address is in BLACK and
ShowIP address is in RED.

Live IP Address Quote:
"In the currect version the following features are
functioned: i) By single-clicking on the IP address
field in Firefox's status bar, the extension checks
for changes in the IP value. ii) Under the Tools
menu-item, an entry called Live IP Address has been
added which reveals 3 sub-menu options: a) Copy Live
IP Address, b) Force Update Now and c) Set Update
Interval. iii) When the user right clicks inside the
web browser, the right-click list displays a new entry
called "Copy Live IP Address", if the user select this
option a prompt box pops up displaying the IP, where
the user may copy that into the clipboard. iv) Two
more IP-Finders have been added (out of 3) to make the
extension more reliable and robust."

Thank you,