[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re[FF]: How-To route other protocols through Privoxy (e.g. IRC)
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re[FF]: How-To route other protocols through Privoxy (e.g. IRC)
- From: Anothony Georgeo <anogeorgeo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:59:53 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:59:56 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=0YpsOpRCn5ItgrJN4ju0UnvfAVyaYueQIa923glSjDdv3kgIuBWvUvHY/jd7c3ZepBqwwV4qg1DRwciv3elPHF8BqXyX4zOesRuD8abln8+E9lyt9j2dTXdsoHkyV3i30yqkMe+uZMwLDiNe9kN1MQXL+QBfSOdil41nacqgHIs= ;
- In-reply-to: <43FE21AD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
--- ADB <firefox-gen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Its a SOCKS-->HTTP translator of sorts. In other
> news, I updated the
> "Firefox Performance with Tor" entry to reference
> the FasterFox plugin,
I have FF 126.96.36.199 configured via. the directions in
that Wiki entry, which increased my surfing speed
Then I tried using FasterFox and all my about:config
settings(from the Wiki) were removed. Also, it seemed
after I used FasterFox my speed *slowed down*.
I read the page linked in the Wiki for more FF hacks.
I did not apply any further hacks as the ones listed
in the Wiki gave me excellent results.
I once agagin applied the about:config settings from
the Wiki and FF is noticably faster.
Is using FasterFox with the fasteset settings
preferable to manually configuring about:config
according to the Wiki?
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around