Re: Server Status 'offline' was Re: problems setting up a relay node on win XP

Greetings Nile!

There were no error messages in the Tor logs (I'm glad) & Tor does infact seem to be coping with my dynamic IP. After refreshing the IP address on the vidalia settings my node has now remained online for the last 24hrs (reflected also in the Vidalia server stats) so all is now well here!

Thanks again for the help!

Regards,

Stephen

Hey Stephen,

Have you looked into Tor's logs for any error messages? I believe you
can access Tor's logs through the Vidalia interface.

Some guesses:
- If you're running a Tor node with a dynamic IP, you should check that
your IP address didn't change.
- Do you have "Address" set in your torrc? It should be set to either a
"fully qualified domain name" (fqdn) or an IP address. If it's not
set, Tor will guess your IP. I'm not sure if Tor can "recover" from
your IP dynamically changing, though.