Re: Security concerning Tor, BitTorrent and Firewall

I can't give you a technical answer to that but rest assured you would
not like the result if all worked the way you want it to be. That's
because using P2P with anonymous networks such as Tor will be much too
slow, it will heavily decrease your P2P performance. I recommend using
some anonymous network that is specifically designed for P2P, I2P is
one of them. However, it might take years until most private
connections have enough bandwidth to ensure fast and
anonymous/encrypted P2P (and only if enough people dedicate their
bandwidth to these networks). But as said, you would want to prefer a
network that is intended for P2P usage.

Sincerely,
Enigma

http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorifyHOWTO#head-0d047b05e9b

>>> 93c23cec9198550816a114012bde0), I suddenly experienced connection
>>> speeds
>>> which would equal those, had I used a normal port forward on my
>>> firewall.
>>
>>> QUESTIONS:
>>
>>> Firstly, how does this work?
>>
>>> Secondly -on account of a port forward always being a security
>>> risk- Is
>>> this a similar security risk?
>>
>>> And lastly, if it is indeed a security risk (no matter how small),
>>> does
>>> this apply to other programs than BitTorrent clients, using the
>>> Tor proxy
>>> server?
>>> __________
>>
>>> I first inquired with the Privoxy about this issue (presuming that
>>> it was related to Privoxy) and I recieved the following response:
>>> I am fairly certain that my ISP is not the issue here, so I remain
>>> puzzled... And I've so far not found any answers in the Tor
>>> documentation.
>>
>>> Anybody got something on this?
>>
>>> - Arand

- --
German Tor mailing list / surveillance and anonymity:
http://www.anti1984.com

New GPG key ID: 4096R/87FF3BA2, old key is revoked.