Re: Time Warner bad / VPS recommendations

Hi!

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:50 PM, slush <slush@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, Im using linode.com, plan "Linode 720". Tor runs without any problem
> (but my bandwidth is only about 150kB/s; there are another network services
> too).

Interesting. That is $40/month with 400 GB limit. I have a collocation
for around 110 EUR per month for 100 Mbit/s best-effort with no limit
on data transfer and yet without any problems with ISP (they said that
it is not their issue what I am running on my server).

So ... maybe ... there is an idea. I could offer to setup Tor nodes
with this ISP with simple CPU/RAM/diskless/self updatable/no logs
systems for 100 Mbit/s default policy exit nodes. If anybody would
like to monthly contribute/donate money for collocation and this
initial hardware. Or few people together.

I just do not know what would ISP say if they would have multiple such
nodes there. Maybe they would become less liberal.

Mitar