Re: [tor-talk] Ostel and WebRTC over Tor?

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:11:38 +0000, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
> Given that today we have narrowband codecs  and that over high-latency
> channel we can pack several 20ms sample together easily (also in packets
> of 100ms size to reduce the amount of packets/s), the effective overhead
> of sending/receiving 10 times more the amount of data is something
> acceptable.

That won't help that much over Tor because you'd also need to
let the data go over differnet circuit, as the relays multiplex
all their traffic onto a single (or two?) TCP connection per pair of relays.

You can only hope that those aren't that affected by either packet
loss or rate limiting by the relays themselves. But then, it's
rather the last mile that is flaky, esp. when it is over the air.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>