[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: OSX - Manual Restart?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: OSX - Manual Restart?
- From: Joel Franusic <jfranusic@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:40:53 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 13:40:56 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=TukOyBkfPWZfQnECzGCaMJkw9GZldpWd05qQyaOF2/RTpbJalLwI4GYTxe4pjpjfbFavBS3vpy3d9rYn1JpsOZzB8MmalqF8/b+6LpV1HmtEGLVYFkThvUFq3IUBxFEL1iCdKMKPS3ab7hMPp9r+I6QU8imShc5ipReDGvANq9k=
- In-reply-to: <43B65C2E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <F8548E961B6F7849904218FDE1C83D0009CC58@MAIL-L-Q.baylor.edu> <43B59C3B.email@example.com> <20051231081230.GB11514@totoro.wangafu.net> <43B65A61.firstname.lastname@example.org> <43B65C2E.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've seen the behavior that numE describes. However you do not need to
press ctrl-c to get a prompt back. I normally just hit the space bar
to get my prompt back.
On 12/31/05, numE <numE@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> obviously tor is running.. even though i had to brake it up with ctrl-c ?!
> the startup script seems to bring it in background on its own....
> perhaps there should be a slight change, so that the user dont has to
> press "ctrl-c"
> on its own to get his prompt back, because he could thing that he broke
> up the process :-)
> numE schrieb:
> > Hi Nick,
> >> >how may i manually restart tor & privoxy on osx?
> >> >i tried:
> >> >sudo /Library/StartupItems/Tor/Tor restart
> >> >this works, but then it is no background process....
> > >>>Hm! There may be a bug here. I'll look into it. In the meantime, I'd
> > >>>suggest you do a separate "start" and "stop" step.
> > srv-01:~ admin$ sudo /Library/StartupItems/Tor/Tor start
> > Starting Tor Service
> > srv-01:~ admin$ Dec 31 10:12:39.757 [notice] Tor v0.1.1.10-alpha. This
> > is experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity.
> > Dec 31 10:12:39.784 [notice] Initialized libevent version 1.1a using
> > method poll. Good.
> > Dec 31 10:12:39.785 [notice] connection_create_listener(): Opening Socks
> > listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
> > ---
> > CTRL-C
> > ---
> > srv-01:~ admin$
> > same problem :-)
> > process does not go into background.
> > greetings,
> > numE
> > p.s. Wishing you all the best in 2006!