Re: migrating exit.pl from serifos:8000 to serifos:80

Geoffrey Goodell wrote:

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:39:11PM +0100, Glymr Darkmoon wrote:

could you not simply create a redirector that pushes stuff from 8000 onto 80... oh, i may me remembering incorrectly, but can't apache be told to listen on more than one port anyway? idk, sorry if i'm talking out my ass.

Yes, of course, and this is in fact what I am doing right now. But ultimately I want port 8000 to be free for other purposes, and I do not want my dependency on port 8000 to become a permanent tombstone in my system as the result of an historical decision.

Geoff

ah, pardon my stupidity :/ yes of course, port 8000 being the port for shoutcast of course, for one example