Re: Restrict relay to internet2

The final part of my scheme would require that I be able to restrict my tor node to ONLY relay traffic to/from I2 nodes. I can't figure out how to do this.

I doubt your school will do this for you, but the only way it's gonna work is to get a BGP feed into quagga (or some other BGPd) and build your netfilter tables from that.

Here is a (somewhat dated) article on doing it : http://www.ibiblio.org/john/pubs/route-qos/index.html

I see why you're trying though .. when I was running a TOR node here, it was by far the largest user of Internet2 bandwidth (since many other TOR nodes are on academic sites).

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University