Re: [tor-talk] "Invalid Server Certificate" accessing torproject.org on Chrome/Windows

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Andrew Lewman <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think this is fixed for www.torproject.org now. Digicert apparently
> updated their ca chained certs at some point. I've put the updated
> ca-certs on the www servers. If this works, we can update them on all
> torproject servers.

Adam Langley reported a likely solution on IRC:
20:15 < agl> We've had a couple of reports of certificate errors with various
             torproject.org sites (i.e.
             http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.network.tor.general/2555)
20:16 < agl> the www.torproject.org cert is signed with SHA-256, which isn't
             supported by Windows XP nor Windows 2003
20:16 < agl> so, if you're hitting that, see
             http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;938397
20:28 < nickm> agl: Can we cut-and-paste your statements above to the mailing
               list?
20:31 < agl> nickm: sure
20:32 < agl> nickm: and if you get reports where the users aren't on WinXP or
             2003, please throw them at crbug.com (assuming that it's Chrome,
             of course.)

cheers,
--